Friday, May 2, 2008

Interruption

Hello my friends! A quick interruption in the "history lesson" of my life!

By the end of next week, I will have 3 children living over seas. You know about Jessica, Gary, and kids in Dubai, but Crispin (27) will be sent to Iraq on May 7th, and Joah will be moving to Puerto Rico on May 8th to start a new flying job! Just the thought of it makes me want to cry! They will all be so far, far away now!

Travis and I have been reading a book called, "Psalm 91--God's Shield of Protection" by Peggy Joyce Ruth. Very wonderful, encouraging book! Lots and lots of testimonies about the protection of God in times of danger and distress. My hope is to have it finished so that I can send it with Crispin.

He's coming home tomorrow afternoon for 4 days leave before heading out! I'll try very hard not to smoother him. He's never, ever liked crowds of people and to think that he was born into a big family! :-) So, I'll give him space to read, rest, and relax--but will be enjoying having him home for this short duration!

Other news...our other son, Isaac, his wife, Jeni and granddaughter Brylin have moved to Suffolk, Virginia. Yep! Their new house was only 3 miles from where that huge tornado whipped through. They had just arrived that day and were in the house--but had no idea the destruction that was taking place not very far away. They did say that it was raining "cats and dogs"--so to speak! Isaac will be returning to the Coast Guard base in Louisiana, then heading back for the birth of their baby at the end of May. I think they'll all be together by the end of June, as he transfers officially at that time.

Allen will be traveling to Alabamba the middle of May to meet his "birth family". His sister, Sarah, is graduating from college and the whole family will be there. So, that should be quite an experience for him!

Oh, how amazing life is! You just never know what's around the corner, do you? We really are on a great adventure!

Back to the "history lesson" later on!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Wow Lucy...you do have a lot of changes happening in your family! Life definitely has lots of "interruptions" doesn't it? It's a great journey to be on! I'm praying for you and I look forward to you getting back to the rest of your story!