Monday, May 5, 2008

Why is Life so Hard sometimes?

OK...I'll try really hard not to be a big downer today! However, I'm feeling kind of low. I even went for a 2 mile walk with Travis, as I know that exercise will lift your spirits.

We had a good weekend! Sara and Erich came from Kansas City and spent Saturday night with us. Erich had never met Crispin before and really wanted to see him! And of course, Sara, being the little sister, has a great affection for her brother (even though they fought like cats and dogs when they were young).

Erich's mom Szu (Sue) came over for lunch after church on Sunday for the first time since Sara and Erich started dating several years ago. She was put right to work chopping tomatoes, onions and potatoes, as we were fixing "pique" a WONDERFUL Bolivian dish! It was lots of fun having her with us!

Crispin, very reluctantly, came with us out to the airport in the late afternoon, to be introduced to all of our friends who just happened to be barbequing. We didn't stay to eat, as Crispin doesn't do well with crowds of people. So, we went home and just the 3 of us watched a movie together. It was very nice--although the movie was a bit scary. "I am Legend" with Will Smith. The mutated humans leaping out of the dark were unnerving, so I had the comforter up around my shoulders so that I could dive under it at a moments notice! Naturally, Travis and Crispin scoffed at my "fears". "It's just a movie, mom!"

So, why am I feeling down? Just the politics of the City of Fulton vs the airport (us) is wearing on me! Also, the fact that 2 of my boys will be leaving for a year's duration...I know I shouldn't complain, and I'm trying not to! So many others have it much, much worse than I do!

Oh yes, we all talked to Jessica and saw Joshua on the web camera Saturday night. Crispin got a chance to chat with her too, so that was great! And he's so cute (the baby)! They're coming to the states the middle of July. We can hardly wait!

This helps to write...thanks for reading. I'll get back to my earlier "history lesson" within the next day 0r two. I just needed to "vent" for a moment!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Isn't it amazing how helpful writing can be? If not healing, at least soothing! :)