Saturday, May 17, 2008

Present Circumstances

I can't get back to my "history" yet. There's been too many things going on in my life.

First of all, my youngest son, Crispin, is now in Iraq. I was very emotional at his deployment ceremony and felt equally weepy when it came time for him to go back to Texas after his 4-day leave here at home, but for some unknown reason, I'm not weepy now. Odd, isn't it? You would think that I would be feeling worse now that he's over there. But, now, the battle really begins, doesn't it? That battle that takes place through prayer.

Secondly, my 4th child, Joah, moved to Puerto Rico about 2 days after Crispin left Missouri--to take a flying job. This is a very good move for him, but he's lived at home for the past few years and I've gone "accostumed to his face"....(quote from "My Fair Lady"). Travis and I are official "empty nesters" and it feels both odd, but also very good.

And thirdly, my dad's health is slipping away at a very rapid rate. I've already talked about the "end of life" deal, but I also feel right on the edge of tears, a lot!

So, what is the point of this "post"? Just to tell you a bit about some close circumstances that I'm going through and to let you know that I'm determined to get back to "living communally".

2 comments:

Mrs. Sinta said...

I am back from out of town, and catching up on reading your blog. I have been having the same sleep problems, if it is any consolation. My dad was also an alcoholic before he came to the Lord, and he died two years ago of lung cancer. It was difficult and beautiful at the same time to let him go. Your heavenly Father will undertake for you in ways that you had not anticipated.

Cathy said...

I have thought of you several times the past few weeks and lifted you up in prayer when you have come to mind. I can only imagine the whole range of emotions the past few weeks have been! I'm thankful for your blog! And I miss seeing you.