Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A quick confession

I have to tell you something very quickly. I was reading back through my posts and came to the one about flying to Alaska next to the soldier returning to Iraq.

I told Crispin about him putting his wedding ring on before landing and he said, "Well, mom, he probably finally felt safe."

I asked him what he meant and he said that no one wears jewelry of any kind over there. Especially wedding rings. If they are captured by the enemy, they can be tortured or their families can be brutalized because of this knowledge.

It makes me feel like crying even now to think about a young man coming home to his family and only feeling safe when he crosses over into Alaska that he's able to put his wedding ring back on! So I apologize to all my friends and family who read this blog, but especially to John for thinking ill of him! We truly don't know the whole picture, do we?

1 comment:

Mrs. Sinta said...

I pray for your son, Crispin, everyday that God will draw him close to Himself in Iraq.