Saturday, March 14, 2009

God's Treasures & My Bathroom

Good morning! I must carry on this theme of "treasures" while it's still fresh on my mind! Maybe if I write about it...it will stick in my mind and heart!

We are ALL God's treasures! Does that mean that He loves what we do, what we think about, how we act--all of the time? I don't think so! Jesus would have not needed to come to earth if that were true! But, God really does look at each human being (no matter how broken, wicked, dirty, ugly, etc.) as His own personal jewel! How can He do that? Because His love knows no bounds!

The other night, we were watching Fox News and a little news flash popped up showing the most messed-up looking guy--the worst serial rapist (of children) that had ever been captured...yes, captured in Las Vegas. The first thing that popped into my mind was, "Look at him! He's My TREASURE!" And, I said (inside my head), "Yes, Lord, he is!" Period! Not...but look what he's done, look at the lives he's ruined, what about the children, what about their parents, what about, what about....Those "what about" questions came later in the evening as I mulled over what he represented and his horrible actions against humanity. And I'm convinced that he will go to prison and have to pay for his crimes in one way or another.

Last night, I met with a group of friends in Columbia at a Sushi restaurant to catch up with each other. One of them brought up the fact that her adopted daughter's real dad was named Billy ----. Coincidentally, 2 of my other friends had had direct dealings with this guy and he's not a blessing! In fact, he's a scum bag! Dirty (literally), mean, cruel, abusive, horrible to be around, etc., etc...and then? We started talking about God's treasures! And guess what? We came to the conclusion that he was one of those precious jewels in God's treasure house. But, did we automatically feel anything but repulsion? Nope, that was something that only God could do in our hearts! Any thoughts? I'll leave this theme for the moment--

My bathroom! Yahoo! I finally painted it! (I love color, in case I've never mentioned that). Our whole house was painted stark white when we moved in. I know, I know...all those pale colors are all the rage, but they don't speak to me! Color speaks to me!

I wanted a "camel" color for the bathroom, but this time I blew it! The color was way, way too pale for me! I painted on--because that's what I had to work with. At the end, I felt intense disappointment!

A brilliant thought popped into my brain...buy a new shower curtain, bathrug, and a few "sea worthy" decorations that had color in them. I have a lot of shells and things from the sea on display in that little room.

So, I made a run to Hobby Lobby and Walmart (my budget couldn't afford more) and Wa-La! A small photos of lighthouses resides above the mirrow now, along with a string of wooden fish. A shower curtain that takes you on a walk down the beach fills the room and perwinkle blue rugs draw your eyes to COLOR!

Have a glorious day! Look for those bright, sparkling jewels around you and enjoy some "color", as you gaze upon God's Treasures! And, if you're struggling with a bout of spring fever--paint a bathroom!

1 comment:

Mrs. Sinta said...

From now on when I leave Wal mart I will have to say Wa-Lah! Thanks for loving Jesus so much and sharing it with us.